.These days, if you want to own a home, you need to be willing to commit. From Forbes Magazine:
Once you know that your job and your hometown are set for the next five to ten years, you can move on to the first of the steps in the buying process.
1. Figure Out How Much House You Can Afford Month to Month- “Rule of Thumb” to consider you can usually afford a home that is 2.5 times your annually salary.
2. Shore Up Your Credit and Finances.
3. Create Your Ideal House List.
4. Shop Homes in Your Target Area- determine what features you like best.
5. Finally, consider what is important to you. Look into the overall area and what matches in regards to schools of choice, venues, and overall accessibility.
The Impact of Retail Proximity on Consumer compliments of – HubSpot
~ The study found city dwellers remain closer to home on average than their small town peers: 92% of urban consumers typically travel 15 minutes or less to make their everyday purchases. 70.3% of rural consumers typically travel 20 minutes or more to make their everyday purchases.
https://cdn2.hubspot.net › hubfs › Access_Consumer_Spend_Study_2016